Be Very Careful – For Dverse Monday

You can only give from a cup

that is overflowing, so

for Pete’s sake don’t spill it!

If you spilled it we’d both be needy

and thirsty and pitiful.  So if you have

a cup that is overflowing, hold onto it

with both hands!

17 Responses to Be Very Careful – For Dverse Monday

1. Patti says:

Yes, indeed. Hard to share something carelessly spilled along the way.

2. whimsygizmo says:

Nan, I love this, and want others to be able to get to it. Please link exactly THIS post (your original link doesn’t go anywhere.)
    Here’s the link that works:

3. Nan, there is something wrong with your link on the blenza site. It arrives at your blog but it says Page Not Found. I had to follow another link to get here. Try again using the instructions. The link you would to put onto the blenza site is: https://nanmykel.com/2016/06/13/be-very-careful/
    Type it in as is, including the https and backslashes completely as is. Good luck. I’ll check back later to see if you’ve succeeded.

Link seems okay now………hang on with both hands indeed! 🙂

5. A lesson learned early. “Boat Ands” my grandfather would repeat in his broken English-Polish. If he saw you careless, he’d try and knock it from your grip. Evoked a sweet memory, Nan! Thanks for it!

6. kanzensakura says:

It seems someone at dVerse fixed your link – again. I am glad because this is an excellent poem and such good advice! (kanzensakura is hayesspencer, toni spencer)/

• whimsygizmo says:

Nan, Grace fixed it this time. In order to post a correct link next time, please cut and paste the POEM’s link. (See my instructions above, for this poem’s link.) Each poem becomes its own direct link, and that is what should go in Mr. Linky.

Most (or all of the time) I don’t have a P for paste on my drop-down. Everyone’s trying to help. Surely it won’t be much longer! This is embarrassing!

Nan

• whimsygizmo says:

If you can’t cut and paste, then just click on the link for your most current poem (up top in the big white window), and copy down by hand what it says, and type that into Mr. Linky instead of your generic blog address (which is what I assume you are doing now?)

Thanks to whoever helped. I’ve been getting directions but… Glad you liked it.

Nan

7. Sound advice, that we don’t often take. Thank you for sharing.

8. Rosemary Nissen-Wade says:

Interesting twist on the notion that, ‘You can’t give from an empty cup’.