BOOKOPHILE

Not all her lovers had looks

because you see they were books.

Their rendezvous was the shelf

where she’d clasp him to herself,

then peek under the cover

of her new paper lover.

By the time she checked him out

there was no longer any doubt;

despite what the critics said,

she was taking him to bed!

19 Responses to BOOKOPHILE

1. Fae says:

YES!!! Exactly! This is so me. 🙂

2. Ha.. yes books are more than a company…

3. MarinaSofia says:

I think I’ve had more than one man telling me: ‘you love those books more than you love me’, so I had to laugh at this!

4. Teehee. This was fun. Thanks for the read!

5. Polly says:

Marvellous! (and really clever) Wish I’d thought of it! 🙂

6. Rivera says:

Isn’t this true of most of us..??!!
    Clever!! 🙂

7. Grace says:

Sure, why not ~ 🙂

8. Under-Cover
    Books.. celebrating
    Bedroom
    eyes
    turning
    pages..
    rarely
    put down
    looks.. always
    pleaSinG now..:)

9. Lovely Nan! I read a short story by Ursula Le Guin (do you know her?), about a situation exactly like this. How the female protagonist chucked her lover for her books. I can’t remember the title of the story, it is a library book and I already returned it so can’t check. She’s one of my favourite authors besides Margaret Atwood and Doris Lessing. There are others but these are the main ones I’d read. Have you heard of Violette Leduc? Her autobiography La Bararde is fantastic. Not many people can read her.

10. Abhra says:

Ah , a brilliant piece…love it. Thanks for joining OLN

11. Taking a book to bed may be fun, but remember…when you read a library book, you are reading with everyone else who ever read it!!!