Poem for d’Verse

will it die with me

or will it stay on

and let the world know

that I was here

and wrote this poem

that outlived me?

This entry was posted in Death and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Poem for d’Verse

1. whimsygizmo says:

Love this, Nan. I believe everything we do lives on, especially poetry. 🙂

2. jazzytower says:

You will live on through your poem, I bet. I never really thought of it this way. Interesting write.

3. wildchild47 says:

words linger long after memories have faded or blurred …. there is something concrete and yet entirely transient about words …. so if they are written down, or digitally stored, they are a legacy worth some weight 🙂

4. rothpoetry says:

Great questions… Your poems will definitely live on!
    Dwight

5. SMiLes as LonGeR
    as Servers
    Serve
    you
    up you
    serve now
    with Poetry
    WiTH WiNks LongeR
    after the last and first BLiNK MoRE..:)

6. Nan, I feel the same way about my poetry and other writing…especially since I have no children to carry on my having been here. Life is so fragile.

7. I like the idea of the poem living on and representing you.

8. Frank Hubeny says:

Good questions. It is amazing that we are here at all and able to write anything.

9. Mish says:

I believe our poetry will live on with those who treasure it. Enjoyed your pondering thoughts, Nan.

10. I actually think poems do live on… as long as there are readers.

11. susanmehr says:

Beautiful poem. We all are born and we all will die, it’s what we do in between that lives forever. 🙂

12. I believe our poetry will live on even after we transition to the hereafter ☺️ Beautifully penned.

13. Great questions Nan – your poems will live on and I believe a part of us will always be alive too somewhere among the stars from where we once came :o)

14. The world will go on. For a while at least. It too has ended and begun again. A poem with it’s own rhythm. 🙂

I do want another chance! Thanks.

16. Beverly Crawford says:

Hey Nan. My 84th birthday is approaching, so I identify. I’d like to think what we write will live on — I am on my 30th art journal. Surely SOMEONE will want to know what our lives were like!

17. annell4 says:

Interesting thoughts, I think your poems will live on…

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w