What If My Shadow Speaks the Truth?

It’s perhaps my naive opinion that Trump’s role in The Apprentice’s “You’re Fired”  series contributed to his narcissistic disregard for others’ welfare.  Did I see the other day that he appeared in the tv series for 14 seasons?  Seems like repeating over and over “you’re fired” could get to be habit-forming.

Trump has appeared to have uncovered organized Christian leaders’ preference for following the money instead of Christ.

Efforts to “drain the swamp” of Washington D.C. seems to have backfired, issuing in 44 individuals with ties to Trump or Pence who have acted as registered lobbyists in 2017, according to a Public Citizen analysis.

How can anyone justify the wealthiest convicts serving their sentences in country club settings while conditions for the poor in most for-profit prisons suffer?  I’d prefer all to serve equally. How can that be justified?  I don’t think Trump would have commandeered  more money for-profit prisons if he thought he would have to serve his sentence there.

Decreasing funds for public education appears to be a step in dumbing down the poor  so they won’t know any better than to vote for Trump again.

The elite NRA has the good old country boys under its spell, illustrating how an overlord can pepper the trail all the way to the witches’ house, where the owner can devour and regurgitate them.

About Nan Mykel

I used to think I would be a child prodigy, but then I got old. Formerly I had fantasies of rubbing elbows with cultural and academic leaders but that did not come to pass because I did not become a cultural or academic leader or any other kind of leader, for that matter. I am not even an "Alpha Dog," a term learned from a friend who had to become "Alpha Dog" in order to influence her own pet. (When gazes lock, she never looks away.) For years I expected to become a published author, but in passing I could not avoid the fact that I had little to contribute to the world's bulging dumpsters. I'm embarrassed to report that I also considered my primary process artistic productions powerful, rather than mildly neurotic. Which is not to say that I disrespect myself, only that I am beginning to doubt my potential for making a mark on the world. If I focus on strict self discipline I may be able to keep my garbage removed on a weekly basis, to keep the kitty box changed, the clothes cleaned, the dog watered, fed and walked, but that just catches me up to the starting mark again. When writing I physically grapple with words, wrestling them from their indifference into attempted chunks of awareness. I sit heavily on my chair; I breathe in artificially cooled air; my ear drums note the tap tap of the keyboard and the steady uninterrupted sound of the air conditioner, What is that sound? The roar of the ocean from 30 yards away...Inside, my thoughts are are balls in an electronic game machine, bouncing hither and yon from lever to lever. I am a little grim and intent until I recall a dream related by a black man in the prison where I once worked. He said that when he was a small boy, back home, he dreamed he was standing on his front porch pissing, and that he suddenly found himself pissing stars...
This entry was posted in A mixed bag, Trump and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to What If My Shadow Speaks the Truth?

  1. jilldennison says:

    From everything I have read, Trump was a narcissist long before his role in The Apprentice. Even as a child, it is said he was a bully and in his teen years almost pushed another boy out of a 2nd story school window. So I believe The Apprentice was a result of his already raging arrogance and narcissism.

    Many believe that the goal of cutting funding for public education and making college virtually unaffordable for most is to ensure that only the upper echelons, the 1%, can afford a good education and the other 99% will be the proletariat. Do I believe this? Maybe … these days, nothing surprises me.

    Like

Please share your own experiences here...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.