Creativity – a poem for Dversity

Creativity

What do you do when the spigot runs dry?

I mean, besides sit down and cry?

If there’s no more, is there something?

Listen, touch, smell, taste and oh yes,

look….

The clouds are always making faces,

aren’t they? The world is going on

about you without you. You don’t have to do it

all.

Let the birdsong lift you, the trees bring you

shade. Be soothed in life’s great cocoon

and just be.

A poem for Dverse

33 Responses to Creativity – a poem for Dversity

1. kanzensakura says:

The clouds are always making faces…I so enjoy that line. Very wise. Step back and let it be.

2. Love this line: The world is going on
    about you without you. We don’t think about that when we’re feeling sorry for ourselves. Lovely!

3. Bodhirose says:

We definitely are surrounded by inspiration for creativity so I wonder why I still can run dry…it makes no sense. Thanks for the musings, Nan.

4. scotthastiepoet says:

Yes Nan, well spoken treasure the moment and let it lift you. With yu all the way on this and will be back to read more of your stuff sometime soon… With Best Wishes

5. Oh yes… to be and stay in that moment… there are so many poems in similar sentiment… maybe it’s the season that does it to us all.

6. Tim Schaefer says:

YES…it’s something I often end up repeating…”Just be, and do what you do.” The rest will take care of itself. We don’t have to force it.

7. K. McGee says:

I also loved the line, “The clouds are always making faces,”.. a poignant reminder that we are just passengers, yet we spend so much time worried as if we were solely responsible for gravity. So much “life” transpires around us, yet we often miss it all.

8. I found this inspiring. Taking in the joys of moments and not getting carried away by busy lives.

9. lynn__ says:

Your poem is serene and soothing…like a great cocoon 🙂

10. maria says:

I could really use a birdsong or tree shade amid this office hiatus right now. 😀

“Be soothed in life’s great cocoon and just be.” Wise words, Nan.

11. Let the birdsong lift you, the trees bring you
    shade. Be soothed in life’s great cocoon
    and just be.

Beautiful lines 🙂

Oh I LOVE this! The clouds are always making faces 🙂 We just need to look up! To be! 🙂

13. Yes, in those moments when the tap runs dry, I have learned to relax into it, because the dryness can become inspiration in itself, if you aim not to fight it too much. It can be hard though! I really enjoyed this.

14. Nice reminder how we need to be more mindful and enjoy nature..love it!

15. Sue Anderson says:

Excellent counsel. Wish I were a little better at following it! Still, there’s hope. I am improving with age. And my grandchildren remind me to notice all those faces in the sky…:)

16. Wendy Bourke says:

This is a wonderful articulation of the process of creativity – relax – take in the moment – just let-it-be and the words start to come. I really enjoyed this piece!

17. Mampatta says:

As usual Good Read dear Nan, your fellow blogger, neighbourhood Spiderman at chingz123.wordpress.com