I Will Write a Different Verse…

For d’Verse:

I WILL WRITE A DIFFERENT VERSE

…than the one running out of my ears,

streaming from beneath my spectacles,

filling my basin and potty:

O beautiful, for spacious skies,

for amber waves of grain!

No hand-wringing. Let’s pretend

freedom’s train is around the bend.

Let imagination have its way

and take us to a better day.

Amen.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to I Will Write a Different Verse…

1. Iris says:

“Let imagination have its way”

Yes, please!

2. We need to pretend… there is a way out.

3. Take the words where you want them to go, write the story you want, not the one everyone and everything insists you write. Great sentiments, keep at it!

4. Lennon said it best! Imagine! A lovely work here, Nan!

5. Angela says:

What we think is how we feel, and how we feel is how we behave, so let imagination have its way! Lovely, Nana!!

6. ladynyo says:

Oh! Nan? Get away from the tube! It denies and destroys! LOL! I feel this way…as poets, as writers, as therapists….we must make our own reality….not to ignore that which exists around us, but one where we can birth our creativity. I feel, sometimes….that the demands made from the outside have little to do with anything except the ‘wants’ of others: local politicians, etc…who want our energy, our time, to fill up their needs. And where does that leave us? Empty of energy, time. For me, the ‘courage to create’, as Dr. Rollo May said…is our main pathway. And we need courage these days to create. But so many poets, writers live fearfully: Governments come and go, but this still doesn’t or shouldn’t stop us from our main aim: write that poetry, etc. Don’t cower in fear about what is around the corner. Your poem was lovely, uplifting and exactly what I needed to read this am……”O, beautiful, for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain:…I hold that before me, Nan. And trains can go off tracks. The sky and land does not deceive. It is a source of powerful positivism and joy! For me, and many others…it is the source of creativity. Amen.

OOh! Wonderful. Thanks..and what about that article you mentioned to me? I don’t believe I received the title or source. My son in law and daughter attend the Atlanta Friends meeting–sometimes–when they have time. At least they’re members.

8. Mish says:

OH so glad I found you, Nan. Had trouble earlier getting here.
    I like the message in your verse and as always, your strong voice.
    Here’s to freedom, and happy times! I’ll board that train.

So sorry I gave you trouble, and so glad you found me! Thank you.

So glad I could finally get on the internet — connections a bit spotty in our rented apartment here in Bermuda. I LOVE the overall optimisim of your post here…we do need that these days! 🙂

Don’t we, though! Thanks!