Aww…Missed Thursday Limericks! d’Verse

There once was a lady named Myrtle

whose body was shaped like a turtle

But no one knew

Except the few

Who helped her into her girdle.

This entry was posted in Limerick and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Aww…Missed Thursday Limericks! d’Verse

1. frankhubeny says:

Very nice! The sound is delightful, just what the listener expects, and the punch line is entertaining.

2. I can just imagine a turtle with a girdle… 🙂

Me too, when I look in the mirror!

• Oliana says:

Me too! Trying to get onto the bridge Friday night from 6 lanes of traffic squeezing onto one lane made me think of squeezing into a “too small” girdle 🙂

Frusrating, I know! For me it’s losing track of days on he calendar and trying to run to catch up. Obviously those occasions do not produce my finest poems!

• Oliana says:

You write beautifully…I hope my writing improves so I could write a book some day.

That is one reply I cannot accept.

• Oliana says:

Maybe when I retire I will have more time but I get bored of hearing my voice when I write more than 10 pages. In the meantime, I am considering compiling “micro stories” and haibuns I have from my other blog and another just of haiku. I want to give something to my kids.

You mean the mental voice in your head. Or do you dictate your words? I retired in 1999 and spent years doing family genealogy which was fun, but left me with a ton of pooey on my hands which I’m trying to discard before my kids get it on them! Thanks fo talking.

• Oliana says:

My mental voice…yes, if we sort our “stuff” our kids may be saved from this “stuff”.

How sad, how sad, how sad! One of the things I wish I had taught my kids is empathy. Teaching them empathy and practicing it more with them would sure have helped. Not that they’re a disappointment, but not all their edges are smooth. Of course all mine aren’t, either.

• Oliana says:

Nah I’m perfect!!;-). Ooops that may be Dad’s narcissism slipping out.

If it slips out far enough maybe you can clip it off. Just kinda joking, tho I know it’s no laughing matter.

• Oliana says:

I just had a discussion with my clinical supervisor about your book and what I have learned, that can help me be more helpful and patient with youths who reach out. I think your book is also allowing me to remember some things that worried/scared me I had forgotten. This awareness is key to be “there” for our youths.

How gratifying your reply was! You are the first blogger who’s got my book! I’m a little curious about which part was most helpful.

Nan

• Oliana says:

I’ve only read 25% of it…like I said it is a slow read. I’ll email you what I have found helpful in my counselling and on a personal level.

No rush. Just curious.

3. Bev says:

Perfect limerick cadence, with fun-filled twist. I love it!