MY MIRROR IS A LIAR

For d’Verse–tho when I looked earlier I saw no Mar 23 listed as Open Link.

MY MIRROR iS A LIAR

It is my fifth birthday and

I am in pigtails, swinging

on the garage door,

wondering if I will still

be me

when I am grown.

Seventy-five years later,

I am.

15 Responses to MY MIRROR IS A LIAR

1. thotpurge says:

Good for you!!! We can never lose touch with our inner child!! 🙂

2. Bryan Ens says:

Age is a number without much meaning. Perhaps the most beautiful and youthful-at-heart person that I know just turned 93.

3. Grace says:

I believe in this…be a young girl at heart~

She’s lucky to have you for a friend.

5. frankhubeny says:

I’m the same me as well. Even though I’ve lost all those baby teeth.

6. Yes somewhere it’s the same… I never look in the mirror.

7. Bev says:

Funny, isn’t it, despite advancing years, inside we’re still the little girl with pigtails or the little boy with frogs in our pockets! I loved your poem (and identified with it).

Yes! Evidently when I was 5 years old I was afraid I’d turn into one of those other people on the inside. When I was ten I found a note from me at 5: Hello, How are you? Are you still me? I just realized, I could write when I was five. I’d forgotten that. Thanks for sharing.

8. That’s a great way to think, Nan. 🙂 — Suzanne